Thank You for Your Interest in Specialists in Companion Animal Neurology!
Specialists in Companion Animal Neurology (SCAN) accepts resumes for veterinary assistants and veterinary technicians for our Naples and Clearwater locations on an ongoing basis. As the premier veterinary neurology referral hospital in Southwest Florida we look for those individuals who are interested in working in a rewarding and professionally fulfilling environment.
Our current teams of motivated and dynamic veterinary assistants and veterinary technicians have excellent oral and written communication skills to keep up with a fast-paced caseload while maintaining compassion. Prior experience in veterinary medicine is preferred but we are always willing to train the right dedicated and ambitious individual. These positions also require rotating On Call duty for after-hours advanced diagnostics and/or surgery.
The Veterinary Technician assists the doctors to the fullest possible extent, to help improve the quality of care given to the patients, and to aid the doctors in achieving greater efficiency by relieving them of technical work at Specialists in Companion Animal Neurology.
Participation in on-call rotation is required.
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Assists in multiple procedures providing care for animals including physical examinations, anesthesia induction and maintenance, advanced imaging, cerebrospinal fluid collection, sample submission, surgical procedures, injections, euthanasia, client education, and inventory maintenance.
- Obtain and record thorough patient histories into ezyVet.
- Collect specimens and perform routine laboratory procedures and tests.
- Dispense and administer medications IV, IM, and per OS. Administer fluids and medications as prescribed by the veterinarian.
- Assist in diagnostic, medical and surgical procedures using a range of high-tech diagnostic equipment including electrocardiographic, electromyographic and radiographic and magnetic resonance imaging equipment.
- Maintain knowledge of common neurological recommendations in order to answer client questions, provide education on MRI, cerebrospinal fluid collection and analysis, and common neurology specific surgical procedures.
- Present patient care estimates to clients and be able to answer questions regarding routine diagnostic and therapeutic procedures as recommended by the veterinarian.
- Educate clients on products and medications sold and answer questions regarding product purchase/use.
Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com to be considered for future opportunities.